PRECASTER ACCREDITATION SCHEME
The Singapore Concrete Institute’s Precaster Accreditation Scheme was launched on 1st January 2007. The scheme aims to improve the quality and productivity of precasters serving the construction industry. It also provides recognition to precasters who are committed to quality of the production plant and products. The scheme is open to local and overseas precasters which have their fabrication yard located outside Singapore.
This scheme is managed by the Singapore Concrete Institute (SCI) as part of the effort to promote greater self-regulation by the industry. The accreditation criteria were developed jointly by the SCI and the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) with inputs from the precasters.ACCREDITATION CATEGORIES & CRITERIA
There will be three Categories of Accreditation:Category PC1
Precaster that has the financial, human resources, plant and design capabilities to fabricate Structural Building and Structural Civil Engineering Elements of more than or equal to $30 million in contract value for the past 3 years.Category PC2
Precaster that has the financial, human resources, plant and design capabilities to fabricate Structural Building and Structural Civil Engineering Elements of more than or equal to $5 million but less than $30 million in contract value for the past 3 years.Category PC3
Precaster that has the financial, human resources, plant and design capabilities to fabricate Non-Structural Building and Non-Structural Civil Engineering Elements. Definition
1) Structural Building and Structural Civil Engineering Elements shall include but not limited to column, beam, double-T beam, hollow core slab, prestressed plank, household shelter, structural façade with built-in beams, staircase, balcony, parapet wall, gable end wall, façade (without beam), water tank, prefabricated bathroom, road viaduct components, MRT and LRT viaduct components, pedestrian overhead bridge components, deep sewerage tunnel components, MRT tunnel components, RC pile, spun pile, box culvert, sewerage tunnel, drainage tunnel.
2) Non-Structural Building and Non-Structural Civil Engineering Elements shall include but not limited to internal partition wall, cladding, sun breaker, refuse chute, roofing slab, interlocking block/ paver, manhole chamber ring, RC cover for sewer manhole, U-drain.
The accreditation criteria are based on three main areas. They are:
• Management and Facilities
• Track Record and Design Capability
• Quality and Structural IntegrityACCREDITATION PROCESS
Precasters will be assessed using the accreditation criteria during the accreditation audit. Subsequently, the precaster will be assessed annually for compliance in order to retain its grading.
BENEFITS OF ACCREDITATION
The benefits of the scheme include:
● Accredited Precasters can pride themselves to be recognised as among the best in the industry, having achieved the required standards in its class of accreditation.
● The Accreditation Register will be a good source for selection of reliable precasters.
● The scheme will encourage continual improvement and professionalism as Accredited Precasters aspire to upgrade to higher categories.ENQUIRY
To know more about the Precaster Accreditation Scheme and application procedures, please contact Ms Edina koh (Tel: 6552 0674).
Please download application form from PAS_Appln_Form_02122016.pdf
Please check our terms and condition Precaster Accreditation Scheme T&C
Please download the member list here PrecasterJuly2015ACCREDITED FIRMS